I will be on vacation 4/12 - 4/17.
Registrations will resume 4/18.
Regular price 99.00
Buy Now button reflects discounted price.
Wanna make your own???
I'd be happy to show you! Would you like to join me on an adventure that will take your imagination and ideas out for a spin and allow you to make a journal of your very own?
These are examples of the 2 styles you will learn to create in this class. The look you will achieve will be dependent upon the fabrics of your choice but no matter the prints, colors, or textures you choose to create your bundles from, the results will be unique, one of a kind and stunning.
Registration for my new on-line class is now open.
Please note. I handle all registrations manually
so please allow me 24 hours to process your order
once you have purchased the class.
Curious Bundles Mixed Media Journals.
Class Starts on Monday April 27th 2015
(Link to purchase the class is in upper right sidebar)
- This is a self paced class with with unlimited access from the start of class. Once the class begins on April 27th participants will be sent passwords for access. You will have access to all of the class content, video's and PDF's on the start date.
- Class will be hosted on a private blog.
- Work at your own pace.
- There will be 2 main bundle projects. I'll be demonstrating how to create 2 different journal bundles. My original bundle design and the Swiss cross bundle. I will also give you tips and tricks to come up with your own unique design ideas.
- I will share the delights and benefits of loose page journaling and why I love a journal filled with pockets over a traditional bound journal filled with pages.
- As an additional project I will walk you through my design process and demonstrate the creation of a third journal bundle from start to finish which can be modified into a more traditional journal.
- How to tatter, distress and add holes to pockets to denim where you want them.
- Adding fringe to your bundle if you choose.
- A simple, fun, easy way to create fabric ribbon from your scraps and leftover bits to create a wrap for your bundle. The fabric ribbon can also be used in so many other projects.
- The class content will include video demonstrations along with detailed PDFs which participants can print out or save.
- Videos will be downloadable for you to keep and access.
- Private Facebook for community and sharing with other class participants.
You'll need a high speed internet connection in order to access the class content and basic knowledge of the internet, your specific computer or device and navigation of a website. *
Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies.
Sewing machine will be used across all projects featured.
This class is suitable for all levels of sewing ability, beginner to advanced. You should however be on a first name basis with your sewing machine. You don't need to know how to use all of it's bells and whistles if it has any; they won't be needed anyway but you should be able to do a basic straight stitch and go into reverse with ease.
An extension table for your sewing machine is helpful but completely optional.
(You can create one using old phone books/books that works just as well, this is what I did before I purchased my extension table.)
Other supplies are as follows:
- A couple of pairs of jeans you can cut apart for the bundle base and some of your pockets.
- Utility fabric. (This is a cotton fabric that is heavier than muslin but not as heavy as cotton duck or canvas) it is inexpensive and makes a great liner for your bundle. I'll talk about this further in class.
- A variety of cotton fabrics of your choice. How much you need will be determined by the size of the bundles and journals you choose to create.
- Scissors for cutting fabrics.
- Big safety pins or straight pins.
- Fine line and regular tip Sharipe for marking fabrics.
- 15" by 20" piece of 140lb. watercolor paper
- Scissors for cutting paper
- Bone folder
- Colored pencil
- Awl or Japanese screw punch
- Waxed linen thread for book binding
- Book binding needle
- Paper for your pages
*PLEASE NOTE: I CANNOT HELP YOU WITH INDIVIDUAL COMPUTER OR INTERNET DIFFICULTIES OR PROBLEMS. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH NAVIGATION OF THE WEB, YOUR COMPUTER AND THE BROWSER YOU ARE USING TO ACCESS THE CLASS AND MATERIALS.
Rotary cutter, cutting mat and straight edge for cutting.
If you wish to download and save the videos, an external hard drive for storage of saved files is suggested.
All registrations are final and no refunds will be issued.
I'm happy to help.
Contact me at: